Monday 21 October 2013

Jubilee fun and cupcakes

I mighty enjoyed this weekend just passed. It is a fabulous time to live in Britain our whole nation is celebrating and my family is no exception. My mum and dad held a wonderful fancy dress jubilee party, we had hobby horse jousting and my mum made pulled pork and lamb (being pescatarian I had a nice bit of grilled salmon)it was such good fun. I whipped up a batch of red velvet cupcakes and handmade the toppers to join them.

I mean really can any one think of a better way of honoring our monarch than gorging themselves on re velvety goodness? I also dressed up as a modern day Britainia. Here are a few pics of some good old fashion national pride!

Me in my outfit and my husband in his Monty Python black knight costume. He made his (including wooden sword) from scratch!
Thanks for reading today, what did you do over the weekend and what plans have you got coming up! Have a lovely rest of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment